Welcome to our new 230 hour Holistic Natural Medicine Bodywork Practitioner Certificate training programme. We are very excited to be able to offer this course. This course is designed to empower our students with enough experience to practice Bodywork of many different forms confidently after 6 months of Training. In 2018 there there was a national review of massage/bodywork training courses by our insurance company Balens (who is the largest insurer of Natural Medicine in the UK). Balens have been insuring our treatments at Sustainable Health for over 15 years. Balens decided that 200 hours training should be the industry standard minimum for massage training.
We are excited to offer a training programme where we can offer our student clinic at festivals and events in our beautiful treatment yurts! Here we will be running a student clinic next to our professional clinic and our student treatments will be offered at a discounted rate, which also will allow more of the general public to be able to afford and experience natural medics treatments. This is a professional environment based in a beautiful natural surroundings, where other qualified experienced practitioners will be working alone side our students. Places on this course are very limited due to the unique nature of this course. The treatments that you will be practicing will a variety of massage forms listed below, as well learning the theory and science of natural medicine, specifically the use of Herbal Medicines and Essential Oils in Healing and Holistic Bodywork.
Energy Healing Massage
Vitaflex Foot Massage
Deep Tension Relief Massage
Indian Head Massage
Crystal Stone Massage
Essential Oil Massage, Aromatherapy and Raindrop Therapy.
Gua Sha, Cupping and Smudging.
Students will learn to combine all these treatments tailored to the clients needs. Currently our clinic Manager and Student Clinic Supervisor is Samantha Terry, Who has over 20 years experience as a Body work professional, having studied a vast amount of traditional medicine practices all over the world. She completed a 4 year Traditional Chinese Medicine Course at the Integrated School of Chinese Medicine, As well as studying Native American Medicine in South America for over 10 years. She has Studied Ayurvedic medicine in India as well as learning about many other Indigenous natural medicine techniques. Sammy has performed thousands of treatments over the last 20 years and has been working in the festival and event industry for over 20 years as well. Completing this course is a opportunity to learn directly with her onsite in some extremely beautiful places. Our student insurance will cover all of your course syllabus activities while onsite completing your Clinical Practice. Students who have previously completed our Raindrop Therapy 2 Day course will be able to take 16 hours off of the clinical hours requirement.
- Practitioners will be able to perform all the following treatments professionally and gain professional insurance from Balens.
- Indian head massage, Vita Flex Foot Massage, Crystal Stone Massage, Energy Healing and smudging.
1 day practical in Temple Cloud (7hrs + 3 home Case Studies)
- Holistic Deep Tension Relieve Massage 1 day practical in Temple Cloud (7hrs + 3 home Case Studies)
- Essential Oils and Raindrop Therapy 1 day practical in Temple Cloud (7hrs plus 3 home case studies)
- Basic Chinese Medicine Principles and Practice, Chinese Diet Therapy, Acupressure, Cupping and Gua Sha – 1 day practical in Temple Cloud.(7hrs plus 3 home case studies)
- 121 Supervision on the phone or in person 3 x sessions.(3hrs)
- 100 Hours of Clinical Practice at Events and Festivals. Including Clinical Observations and Reception Management. 100 case studies included.
- Resurch Assignments
- 3 or 4 Festivals/events ( JUNE JULY AND AUGUST and when the events are on) need to be attended to complete this course, each festival/event needs to be booked into separately as a student practitioner this requires a returnable deposit of on average £150 per event. Each festival requires 45 hours of clinical practice over 5 days Wednesday – Sunday. Students booking only 3 festivals need to do an additional 25 hours research assignments. Students completing 4 festivals will have the opportunity to work professionally at our apprenticed rate of £8 per hour for the treatments completed if they have finished the 100 hours of clinical training. ( professional student insurance needs to be acquired from Balens)
- 30 Hour home study anatomy and physiology course.
- Exam 26th September 10 am- 1 pm.
Each student will be required to purchase 2 Anatomy and Physiology books for the home study course. Students holding a appropriate qualification where they have previously studied Anatomy and Physiology will be exempt from this module.